Tuesday, September 29, 2009

American Homes VS Japanese Homes. which is better?



A Japanese House






^ An American House ^



American and Japanese homes have alot of differences but possibly some similarities too. Maybe?

For Instance, Japanese Bathrooms have the most coolest tubs ever, have you ever seen one in real life? Don't worry.. Me either! But unlike American ones, which you can barely fit in because they're rectangle and you usually have to scrunch your legs because the tubs not long enough, well japanese tubs are circular and you can just sit right in it instead of lying down. How cool is that?
What about your shoes? You probably just kick them off at the door when you get home like I do, right? Well in Japan, it's a different story, you sort of kick them off but in a neat, nicely way and set them perfectly by the doa. Knowing me I would forget to take my shoes off nicely and get in some serious trouble.. Haha :)
Did you ever think that rugs(known as tatamis in Japan) we use to walk on or use for decoration in our homes would be so important to a Japanese family? Well they are, Japanese people use them to cover their ofuros to sleep on at night time. The only living thing that I know that would choose to sleep on the floor on a rug in America would be Wiggles. (my dog) :D
Ever tried tea? I have and to tell the honest truth, i hate it. Just doesn't taste right for me. But living in Japan it's traditional to drink tea, i guess you don't have to like it you just have to drink it. In America, its just a regular drink to maybe order with a meal or to have as a refreshment but if its the only choice you have for a drink option and don't like it, then you pretty much have to drink it or dehydrate yourself from no liquids. And personally, who would want to do that?
I absolutely love the colors and flowers in a garden. Thats what Japans all about is pretty gardens and colors. A garden in America can be pretty but its mostly pretty full on vegetables to eat and once it gets cold outsdie the garden is no longer pretty. It looks like a brown mess. How ugly, right?
Want a rice paper door? I do, well if I lived in Japan I would, but in America I'm not sure it would last too long. We have a tendacy to slam doors pretty hard when we're angry. I think it would break really easy. Rice paper doors slide and we have doors that slide too. We just don't use them how Japanese people use them...
About to close this blog up and get it over with :D Too much typing for me..





1 comment:

  1. ok. you guys are all astounding me with the quality of your writing on these blogs. You, deven and sam have some great entries so far. copy this one and put it in your binder!

    ReplyDelete